It's been happening all over the place, in your school, in the playground, in the cyberworld. It has happened to someone you know or maybe to you. Bullying is rampant and its effects can be devastating, especially among children. It’s time to raise awareness about bullying and learn approaches and strategies to prevent it.
An expanded version of the plenary session at the VBS Fearless workshops, this seminar invites parents, teachers and children's ministry workers to take a closer look at bullying. Our seminar speaker, Ms.Awee Hibanada, has more than a decade of experience in teaching kids and championing the cause of education in the Philippines.
- Understanding Bullying – Learn what bullying really is, its kinds, its effects,and much more
- Bullying at school – Understand why bullies bully, know the warning signs of bullying, know the "school bullying hotspots" and be aware about the existing laws in the Philippines related to bullying prevention
- Bullying at home – Understand the important role of parents, the value of communicating with our children, discipling with love, and more
- Cyberbullying – Know what goes with these hashtags: #cyberbullyingdefined, #cyberbullytypes, #cyberweapons, #cybersafety, and much more
- Bully proofing – Learn how to deal with bullies and to empower students to do the same, how to convey good values to our children, and to appreciate the importance of collaboration among the community, home and school against bullying
- PLUS lessons and activity guides about bullying
About the Speaker
Rowena Raton-Hibanada or “Awee” worked as a Mentor Consultant for PBED-AusAid Scholarship for teachers, a writer of School Enhancement Materials (Alitaptap) of the Diwa-First Asia Company Philippines and a module-writer (PACE) of the School of Tomorrow. She is a volunteer teacher at the Children’s Church of Victory Christian Fellowship Alabang since 2006 and Every Nation Campus Muntinlupa. She is currently a Professor at the Philippine Normal University where she gained her Bachelors’ Degree in Secondary Education major in Social Sciences, cum laude, in 1994 and MA Certificate in Teaching Social Sciences. She also has an MA in Education major in Values Education from the University of Asia and the Pacific (2012)
Her awards include being a Muntinlupa Outstanding Teacher Awardee in 2004, Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Teacher of the Philippines Awardee in 2008, Dangal ng Barangay 2009 and Outstanding Citizen of Muntinlupa in 2014, and PNU GawadSulo for Emminent Alumni 2017.
- Deposit your payment to BDO Current Account # 6330-0639-73 under the Account name: Church Strengthening Ministry, Inc.
Registration: P 300 per participant
Early Bird Registration Promo: P 250 per participant (until June 9, 2017 only)
Registration fee is inclusive of certificates and handout.
- Send a copy of your deposit slip via fax at 851-0170 or email at email@example.com with the following details: name of participant/s, church name, contact number, email address.
- You will receive a confirmation of your registration.